Fourteenth Annual Conference on Financial Reporting
Friday, November 7, 2003; San Francisco Palace Hotel
Endorsed by FEI (Financial Executives International)
- Program Schedule
- Organizations Represented
- Conference Location and Directions
- Hotel Accomodations
This conference brings together accounting standard setters, enforcement officials, corporate financial executives, and professional and academic accountants to discuss current issues in financial accounting and corporate reporting. The format is an open one so that members of the audience can address their concerns to the speakers and panelists.
The goal of the Conference on Financial Reporting has been to:
- Provide preparers and users of corporate financial statements with the latest developments and plans for the future in financial accounting standards and reporting;
- Promote the advancement of financial reporting useful to investors in making investment decisions.
In today's business and regulatory environment, it is essential that preparers and users of financial statements be current on the latest financial reporting trends and issues. This year's conference will include:
- Keynote address by Tom Campbell, Dean of the Haas School of Business and former U.S. Congressman.
- Report on current and emerging issues by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The New Corporate Governance, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 on Internal Controls and the role of the New Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- A discussion of the recently issued SFAS 150 on Accounting for Certain Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Both Liabilities and Equity.
|November 7th, 2003 (Friday)|
|7:45am. -- 8:30am.||
|8:30am. -- 8:40am.||
|8:40am. -- 9:10am.||
|9:10am. -- 10:35am.||
Emerging Issues in
Financial Reporting and the FASB Agenda
|10:35am. -- 10:50am.||
Break and Refreshments
|10:50am. -- 12:15pm.||
Current Issues at the SEC
|12:15pm. -- 1:30pm.||
of Keynote Speaker
|1:30pm. -- 2:55pm.||
The New Corporate
Governance (including Sarbanes-Oxley)
Lynn E. Turner
|2:55pm. -- 3:05pm.||Break and Refreshments|
|3:05pm. -- 4:30pm.||
Accounting for Certain
Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Both Liabilities
and Equity (SFAS 150)
- Colorado State University
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Financial Executives International (FEI)
- Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Intel Corporation
- KPMG LLP
- Microsoft Corporation
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Conference Location and Directions
The Palace Hotel
Address: 2 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: (415) 512-1111
The Palace Hotel is located on the corner of New Montgomery and Mission. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stops at Montgomery Station, which is located in front of the hotel. No-host, valet parking is also available and the Palace Garage is conveniently located across the street from the main entrance of the hotel.
Please click here for detailed directions, parking, and BART information.
A limited number of hotel rooms are reserved at the Galleria Park Hotel, 191 Sutter Street in San Francisco, just 1 block from the Palace Hotel for the nights of November 6-7 at $109.00 per night. Reservations are to be made directly with the hotel by calling (800) 792-9639. Please indicate that your reservation is for the CFRM conference. Room reservations must be made by October 22 to guarantee this rate. The hotel website is: http://www.galleriapark.com