Fifteenth Annual Conference on Financial Reporting
Friday, November 5, 2004; Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel
Endorsed by FEI (Financial Executives International)
- Program Schedule
- Organizations Represented
- Hotel Location, Directions and Accommodations
This conference brings together accounting standard setters, enforcement officials, corporate financial executives, and professional and academic accountants to discuss current issues in financial accounting and corporate reporting. The format is an open one so that members of the audience can address their concerns to the speakers and panelists.
The goal of the Conference on Financial Reporting has been to:
- Provide preparers and users of corporate financial statements with the latest developments in financial accounting standards and recommendations for improving financial reporting;
- Promote the advancement of financial reporting useful to investors in making investment decisions.
In today's business and regulatory environment, it is essential that preparers and users of financial statements be current on the latest financial reporting trends and issues. This year's conference will include:
- Opening address by Robert H. Herz, Chairman of the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- Luncheon Speaker Mary E. Barth, Board Member, International Accounting Standards Board.
- Report on current and emerging issues by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Lessons Learned and the Benefits to Organizations from the New Corporate Governance.
- Accounting for and Structuring of Equity-Based Compensation.
Please check back here for program updates as changes are still being made.
You may also visit our speaker bios page to learn more about all the speakers.
|November 5th, 2004 (Friday)|
|7:45am. -- 8:30am.||
|8:30am. -- 8:40am.||
|8:40am. -- 9:10am.||
|9:10am. -- 10:35am.||
Emerging Issues in
Financial Reporting and the FASB Agenda
Robert H. Herz
|10:35am. -- 10:45am.||
Break and Refreshments
|10:45am. -- 12:15pm.||
Current Issues at the SEC and PCAOB
|12:15pm. -- 2:00pm.||
Introduction of Luncheon Speaker
Presentation of Berkeley Award for Distinguished Contributions to Financial Reporting
|2:00pm. -- 3:30pm.||
Lessons Learned and the Benefits to Organizations from the New Corporate Governance
Michael H. Sutton
|3:30pm. -- 3:45pm.||Break and Refreshments|
|3:45pm. -- 5:00pm.||
Accounting for and Structuring of Equity-Based Compensation
- ChevronTexaco Corporation
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Financial Executives International (FEI)
- Intel Corporation
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- KPMG LLP
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- The Walt Disney Company
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Hotel Location, Directions and Accommodations
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel
Address: 1333 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010
Phone: (650) 347-1234
Fax: (650) 696-2669
Please click here for detailed driving directions.
Please make your hotel reservations by October 19 to be guaranteed a room at the group rate, which is $139.00 per night for either a single or a double room. Simply indicate on the reservation form if you require a room, and CFRM will make your hotel reservation for you at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport Hotel. Hotel payment is to be made directly to the hotel upon departure.