Sixteenth Annual Conference on Financial Reporting
Friday, November 4, 2005; San Francisco Airport Marriott Hotel
Endorsed by FEI (Financial Executives International)
- Program Schedule
- Organizations Represented
- Hotel Location, Directions and Accommodations
This conference brings together accounting standard setters, enforcement officials, corporate financial executives, and professional and academic accountants to discuss current issues in financial accounting and corporate reporting. The format is an open one so that members of the audience can address their concerns to the speakers and panelists.
The goal of the Conference on Financial Reporting has been to:
- Provide preparers and users of corporate financial statements with the latest developments in financial accounting standards and recommendations for improving financial reporting;
- Promote the advancement of financial reporting useful to investors in making investment decisions.
In today's business and regulatory environment, it is essential that preparers and users of financial statements be current on the latest financial reporting trends and issues. This year's conference will include:
- Opening address: Katherine Schipper, Board Member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- Luncheon speaker: Toby J. F. Bishop, Chief Executive Officer, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Report on current and emerging issues by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the International Accounting Standards Board, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Sarbanes-oxley — 2005 Problems and Promises.
- Revised Share-Based Payment SFAS No. 123(R).
You may also visit our speaker bios page to learn more about all the speakers.
|November 4th, 2005 (Friday)|
|7:45am. -- 8:30am.||
|8:30am. -- 8:40am.||
|8:40am. -- 9:10am.||
|9:10am. -- 10:40am.||
Emerging Issues in
Financial Reporting — FASB and IASB Agenda
John T. Smith
|10:40am. -- 11:00am.||
Break and Refreshments
|11:00am. -- 12:30pm.||
Current Issues at the SEC and PCAOB
|12:30pm. -- 1:45pm.||
Introduction of Luncheon Keynote Speaker
|1:45pm. -- 3:15pm.||
Sarbanes-Oxley — 2005 Problems and Promises
|3:15pm. -- 3:30pm.||Break and Refreshments|
|3:30pm. -- 5:00pm.||
Revised Share-Based SFAS No. 123(R)
Benjamin S. Neuhausen
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Accounting Standards Executive Committee (AcSEC)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- Financial Executives International (FEI)
- Intel Corporation
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- KPMG LLP
- Microsoft Corporation
- PMB & Company, LLP
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Hotel Location, Directions and Accommodations
San Francisco Airport Marriott Hotel
Address: 1800 Old Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010
Phone: (650) 692-9100
Fax: (650) 692-8016
click here for detailed driving directions and other forms of transportation.
Self parking at the hotel garage is $1 per hour. Valet parking is $20 full day.
A limited number of hotel rooms are reserved at the Marriott San Francisco Airport Hotel, 1800 Old Bayshore Highway, Burlingame for the nights of November 2-4 at $119 per night. Please indicate on the reservation form if you require a room. CFRM will make your reservation for you. Payment is to be made to the hotel upon departure. Room reservations must be made by October 20 to guarantee this rate!