April 18, 2008
Haas School of Business
The Helzel Board Room CalCPA Executive Education
Presented by CalCPA's Financial Leadership Forum and CFRM.
Download a PDF of a brochure here
In today’s competitive environment, innovation is accelerating and customers expect ever higher standards of performance. While these changes may benefit consumers by providing greater choice, lower prices and more convenience, they pose enormous challenges to many businesses.
To succeed, companies have been forced to rethink how they conduct business, adopting new paradigms and developing new tools that allow them to respond effectively to these pressures. The centralized, hierarchical organization with elaborate command and control mechanisms of accountability gradually has given way to leaner, more agile, valuedriven organizations. All companies have been impacted and those that have succeeded tend to share certain distinguishing attributes.
You’ll learn their secrets as you discover a new approach to cost reduction that highlights the limitations of traditional thinking. You’ll delve into key areas such as resource planning, activity management, product design and overall system design. You’ll also learn how suppliers and customers can be part of the overall strategy to reduce costs.
- You will learn:
- Recognize the various stages of evolution of cost reduction programs
- Combine the proven benefits of JIT and ABC approaches to cost reduction
- Achieve results through improved resource planning, process design and product design
- Understand the critical link between operational design and financial performance
- Identify creative strategies for reducing customer transaction costs
- Designed for:
- Cost managers
- Financial analysts
- Financial and management accountants
|Date||April 18, 2008|
|Time||8:00 am - 5:00 pm Class Program|
|Location||The Helzel Board Room at Haas School of Business|
|Fee||$895 CalCPA Members, $1,295 Non-Members|
|CPE Credit||8 hours|