When: June 24-25, 2017
Where: The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, BC, Canada
Hosting Schools: Columbia, Cornell, National University of Singapore, Ohio State, Rutgers, UC-Berkeley, UCLA, UT-Austin, Wharton and Wisconsin
Saturday, June 24th
6:30 pm Reception - To Be Announced
7:30 pm Dinner - To Be Announced
Sunday, June 25th
7:30 am Breakfast - Frontenac A, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
8:30 am Session I - Frontenac B, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
1. Import Competition and Household Debt, Jean-Noel Barrot, MIT, Erik Loualiche, MIT, Matthew Plosser, New York Federal Reserve Bank, and Julien Sauvagnat., Bocconi.
Discussant: Richard Stanton, Haas School of Business.
2. Do Financial Constraints Cool a Housing Boom? Theory and Evidence from a Macroprudential Policy on Million Dollar Homes, Lu Han, University of Toronto, Chandler Lutz, Copenhagen Business School, Benjamin Sand, York University, and Derek Stacey, Ryerson University.
Discussant: Christian Badarinza, National University of Singapore.
3. Speculative Dynamics of Prices and Volume, Anthony DeFusco, Northwestern University, Charles Nathanson, Northwestern University, and Eric Zwick, University of Chicago.
Discussant: Jacob Sagi, University of North Carolina
12:00 pm Lunch - Frontenac C, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
1:00 pm Session II - Frontenac B, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
4. Out-of-Town Buyers and City Welfare, Jack Favilukis, University of British Columbia and Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, New York University.
Discussant: Barney Hartman-Glaser, UCLA
5. Regulating Household Leverage, Anthony DeFusco, Northwestern University, Stephanie Johnson, Northwestern University, and John Mondragon. Northwestern University.
Discussant: Tom Davidoff, University of British Columbia.
6. An Equilibrium Model of Housing and Mortgage Markets with State-Contingent Lending Contracts, Alexei Tchistyi, University of Illinois and Tomasz Piskorski, Columbia University.
Discussant: Chester Spatt, Carnegie Mellon University.
5:00 pm Adjourn